86 years & counting of God's Glory reigning over Christ Gospel Church in Whitesboro, New Jersey.
In 1924, Jane Williams along with her husband George Williams migrated from Kansas City, Missouri to Cape May County, New Jersey. The Williams along with various other founding members held cottage meetings in their homes, as a continuation of Pentecost. Elder George Williams had a dream to build a Pentecostal Church in Cape May County. The saints collected money at their meetings to start bringing the vision to life.
In 1927, the founding members became organized as a church group.
In 1930, Elder John Small was installed as the first pastor of Christ Gospel Church. The Lord blessed his ministry and the membership continued to grow . The saints of Christ Gospel Church opened the doors to their first church building in a grand celebration. Elder Small was a powerful man of faith and preached the gospel of Jesus Christ under the anointing of the Holy Ghost.
In 1963, Elder John Brooks succeeded Elder John Small to become the new pastor of Christ Gospel Church. Elder Brooks was a mighty man of God. The church grew greatly under his ministry, financially, naturally and spiritually. During his pastorate, Christ Gospel Church then located on George & Anna Streets embarked on an extensive renovation project that resulted in a spacious and beautiful edifice.
In June 1981, District Elder John Brooks was called from labor to reward while at the church doing this daily office hours. The growth of our church family and subsequent expansion of our church under his leadership exemplifies the unwavering dedication and perseverance of his character.
After the passing of Elder Brooks, the mantle of pastorship fell upon the shoulders of our pastor, Bishop Edgar D. Robinson, Jr. What an awesome responsibility to the have been placed on a young 27 year old minister. Moving by the power of God, our congregation continued to flourish. With outreach ministries, shut-ins, prisons ministries, nursing home and schools, and the church's involvement in the community.
Approximately 16 years ago, the Lord told Bishop Robinson, "Arise, and Build a Love Center, he shared his vision with the congregation. The late Deacon Arnold Bogerty had the same dream in his heart. Under the leading of the Holy Spirit , Pastor Robinson and CGC began the massive building project with much prayer and supplication, and monetary sacrifice to bring the vision to pass.
October 24, 2004, the members and friends of Christ Gospel Church " Love Center" celebrated its first service. The church was filled the GLORY OF God.
Sunday April 17, 2005, The Love Center was officially dedicated.
And God's Glory still continues...